Steps of Co-Management
- Select appropriate candidate for vision correction procedure
- Provide basic information, educate and counsel patients.
- Demonstrate monovision pre-operatively with the use of contact lenses, when applicable
- Monitor patients at specific intervals and to report findings.
- Reassure, comfort, and support patients whose expectations exceed the natural healing process.
- Continue to monitor the health of the patient’s eye during the aging process, aside from any refractive procedural considerations.
- Assist presbyopic patients with near vision needs.
- Report all pre- and post-op exams, and any problems to the surgeon.
We believe that an Optometrist has an obligation to the patient to be knowledgeable about the type of treatment the patient will receive upon referral to the eye surgeon.